Organisation made simple
What's the service?
With Group Text you can send the same text message to up to 50 people simultaneously. You can create up to 10 groups with a maximum of 50 people in each
What are the benefits?
Once you've set up your groups - they're free to set up either online or via text - Group Text makes organising everything from work meetings to games of football quick and easy.
How do I do it?
How do I create a group?
You can creat groups and send text in My T-Mobile on certain SIM cards via the t-zones plus menu on your phone or by following the instructions below.
The Group Text shortcode
ALL Group Text messages should be sent to 5478
How do I create a group name?
- Send the text make or mk followed by the name of your group, for example make meeting
How do I save names to my group?
- Send the text save or sv followed by the name (maximum 9 characters without spaces) and mobile number of the person you want to include in your group
- Repeat the previous step to add more people (maximum 50 per group)
- Once you've finished type * followed by the group name and send the message, for example save rob 07948876456 sarah 07830002348*meeting
- You can also add people to a group at a later date by repeating the above steps
How do I send a group text?
- Send the text send or sd followed by the nake of the group * and then your message, for example send meeting*our 10am is definitely on. See you all there. Jeff
- Your message will then be sent to each member of the group simultaneously
How do I delete a group?
Send the text delete or dl followed by the group name, for example delete meeting
|How do I?||Command||Example|
|Check what groups I have set up?||Listgroups or lg|
|Check a mobile number?||Show or sw||show rob|
|Check who is in my group?||List or ls||list meeting|
|Update a mobile number?||edit or ed||edit rob 07895214587|
|Delete a person from a group?||delete or dl||rob*meeting|
|Rename a group or a person?||rename or rn||rename meeting*conference|
|Copy a person into another group?||copy or cp||copy robbie*conference|
|Merge groups?||merge or mg||merge meeting*conference|
|Share a group?||share or sh||share rob*conference|
|Send to a shared group?||sharesend or ss||sharesend conference*everybody ok for Monday 10am?|
|Stop people sharing a group?||trictor or rs||restrict rob*conference|
What does it cost?
- Setting up groups and administration of Group Text is FREE
- You'll be charged for each message sent, for example, if you send a group text message to a group containing 5 people, you'll be charged for 5 text messages