In February 2007 we signed the European Commission's Framework on Child Safety, which means we've agreed to:
- Control access to adult content
- Raise parents' and children's awareness about mobile safety
- Support classification of content according to national standards
- Fight illegal content on mobiles
We also adhere to the UK Code of Practice for the Self Regulation of New Forms of Content on Mobiles. This means we're committed to making sure children are safe when using new types of visual content like video, pictures and TV, and to give parents power to influence the type of content their children can access.
T-Mobile is a founding member of the Mobile Alliance against Child Sexual Abuse Content. The objective of the alliance is to obstruct individuals or organisations from consuming or profiting from online child abuse content accessed from mobiles.
We're also members of a number of cross-industry bodies, including:
- The Internet Watch Foundation
- The UK Council for Child Internet Safety
- The Mobile Industry Crime Action Forum