How to set up Instant Email
You can either set-up BlackBerry Internet Service on your BlackBerry® or online
To set-up email accounts directly from your BlackBerry®, choose the version of your login screen from the screenshots below to view instructions for your specific version of BlackBerry Internet Service.
Make sure your phone has coverage and then follow these steps:
- Click Create Your Account.
- Click Continue.
- Read the Legal terms and conditions carefully, then accept or decline the terms (declining will stop the set-up process).
- Enter your account information:
User ID: This user ID will be your login name and the first part of the default email address for your device.
Friendly Name: Type the name that you want to appear in the From field or messages that you send. If you do not type a name, the default email address for your device appears in the From field.
Password: Passwords must contain between 4 and 16 characters.
Re-enter Password: Retype your personal login password.
- Click Submit and Done.
- To log in to your account, click Continue.
Verify that your device is connected to the wireless network and that you are in a wireless coverage area.
Click Email Settings.
On the Sign-In screen, type your account information:
Make sure your phone has coverage and then follow the steps below:
- Click Email Settings
- Click Create New Account
- Click Get Link
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Fill in the required login information, including User ID, Password and Confirm Password
- Click Next
- Visit InstantEmail.t-mobile.co.uk
- Select Create an account - you'll need your phone's PIN and IMEI number
- Then enter your email address, username and password
Tip: InstantEmail.t-mobile.co.uk will help you set up Instant Email on all compatible phones - not just Blackberry.
Once you've made sure your phone can send and receive email simply enter your number below to get the right settings.
Make sure you have the following information handy:
- The name of your email service provider
- Your email address
- Your email username
- Your email password
Tip: In most cases, we'll send the correct email settings to your phone. But for a few phones, we've provided step-by-step instructions instead.
Once you've successfully installed the settings, please read your phone's manual to see how to pick up emails.
A few tips on setting up check email:
- As present, it won't work with Hotmail email accounts
- Some service providers only allow you to read email
- You can set up your phone to automatically collect your email e.g. every hour, or you can pick it up manually
- We recommend you set your phone to automatically collect email when you're in the UK, and manually pick up your email when abroad