iPad 2 overview
There's never been anything like iPad 2. It's incredibly thin and light, yet has a super-fast dual-core A5 chip and a battery that lasts 10 hours.1
It comes with built-in apps for things like email, the web and photos, and there are over 140,000 apps just for iPad available in the App Store.2
Over 200 new software features in iOS 5 let you do more than ever. And now iPad 2 works with iCloud, which stores your content and wirelessly pushes to all your devices.3
- Thin, light design
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology
- Dual-core A5 chip
- Front and back cameras for FaceTime video calls and HD video recording4
- 10 hours of battery life1
- Great built-in apps for email, web browsing, photos and more
- Over 140,000 apps made for iPad, available on the App Store2
- iOS 5 with over 200 new software features
- iCloud, which wirelessly pushes your content to all your devices3
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
- 3G data service on Wi-Fi + 3G models5
- iPad Smart Cover (sold separately)
- Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. Testing conducted using pre-production iPad 2 unites and software performing each of the
following tasks: video playback, audio playback and internet browsing using WiFi or 3G. Battery life depends on device settings, usage and many other factors. Actual results may vary.
- App count refers to the total number of apps worldwide.
- iCloud requires iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad or iPad 2; a Mac computer with OS X Lion, or a PC with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Some
features require a WiFi connection. Some features are not available in all countries. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.
- Requires a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an internet connection or a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a WiFi connection. Not available in all areas.